Sunday, September 7, 2014

Second Week of First Grade

I do not enjoy Sunday lesson plans. I do not enjoy them on a sunny day. I do not enjoy them on a rainy day. I do not enjoy them in the beginning of the year.

You get the idea. I'm usually a Thursday night lesson planning type of girl. This week...I just don't know what happened.

We had a great first week of school. I have a very sweet class!

This week we are working on all sorts of fun things. We still have so much ground to cover with procedures but you can't do procedures all day.

We are still launching Daily 5. We got to 5 minutes of read to self last week! They were pretty happy with themselves and so was I !

Social Studies: We are learning about rules at school and at home. I grabbed this awesome product off of TeachersPayTeachers:  School Rules Book (Free!)

Science: We are doing popcorn investigations! I have it scheduled for Thursday which is our Open House...will our classroom smell like popcorn for families? Maybe... I'll have to let you know! I am using this super generous free product: 5 Senses - Popcorn Investigation


Math: We are working on number sense and identifying numbers this week. I am using one of my favorite TeachersPayTeachers products to supplement my teaching because I am not bringing out the workbooks yet. We are having a challenging time with figuring out what "comes next" after a number. I'm hoping this awesome product will help us out. 



I'm super excited for Fall too! Fingers crossed we can use pages from my Fall Math & ELA Activity set. I'm hoping to do the even/odd sorting page this week. Will let you know how it goes.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/First-Grade-Fall-Math-and-ELA-Activity-Set-50-pages-1297292

We will also be working on 5 frames. I know this is a big topic in first grade right now. I have a FREEBIE for you to enjoy: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREEBIE-Five-Frames-883875.

Until next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment